Their message has been around for years, which means you’re a little late getting on the movement. Just because they made cool “hipster” bracelets and shirts and you want one doesn’t mean you’re making a difference or promoting the cause. You’re just feeding into a fad that’s going to die out by next month, because (I assure you) you won’t remember who or what KONY was by then.
I don’t understand this. At all. Yes, I was well aware who Kony was prior to today. I got interested in researching the LRA about 6 years ago. But you know, I think it’s awesome that other people know about it, and quite truthfully, it’s far more “hipster”-ish to act like those of us who had prior knowledge have claim over this cause or something. When you care about something, you want everyone to know.
I care deeply for the Ugandan people and the horrible fate they and others living in fear of the LRA face every day. Joseph Kony is an abhorrent monster, and yes, it’s true, our military has tried (and unfortunately failed) to catch Kony on several occasions. It did surprise me that people didn’t already know that, but at the end of the day, I’m just glad they do now. How on earth does it hurt for people to become enlightened? This is a pretty terrible attitude to have about people getting involved in human rights movements.
Jessica, thank youuuuu always. This blows my mind. THe point of the video was to spread the news. Whether people find out about Kony today, tomorrow, in a week, or have known about him for years, it shouldn’t matter. What matters is that people are finally spreading the word and that’s important.
reblogged from jessicamegan
originally posted by confessionsofanarmywife
Posted on Mar 6th, 2012 @ 11:31
- embrakinsketti reblogged this from lizzonic and added:
- wildwilderwest likes this
- thiefwithoutaface likes this
- hou-la-la likes this
- vouloir-taime said: The fact you’re so against people suddenly helping the situation is worse than people not knowing about it.
- lizzonic reblogged this from krishansonlovesyou and added:
- bitsymargaret reblogged this from meghaninreallife and added:
- kissmyfatsass reblogged this from buthavenotlove and added:
- kashmeare likes this
- krishansonlovesyou reblogged this from megansamurai and added:
- brucejennersmangina reblogged this from alexraines
- perfectlyodd likes this
- ananchortoherfeet likes this
- fallseven-standupeight reblogged this from anchorthroughthestorms and added:
- stefaniemoscati reblogged this from meghaninreallife and added:
- check-pls likes this
- hellinmyheart76 reblogged this from buthavenotlove and added:
- xenooo reblogged this from carluhh and added:
- morbidoranges likes this
- youmustbenedstarksbastard reblogged this from sassyfitbelle and added:
- miamorskyla likes this
- drakesghost likes this
- butt-junkie reblogged this from beccacc and added:
- planforbetter likes this
- georgiagirl981 likes this
- penguintnt reblogged this from carluhh
- sassyfitbelle reblogged this from itscooljazzybelle and added:
- curlycombover likes this
- julie-ray likes this
- notori0us-j3w likes this
- beccacc reblogged this from jessicamegan and added:
- meghaninreallife reblogged this from anchorthroughthestorms and added:
- jessicamegan likes this
- notsmartenough4asmartphone likes this
- situationcritical reblogged this from runs-with-pandas
- rantingsbyrose reblogged this from confessionsofanarmywife and added:
- trevorstmcgoodbody reblogged this from jessicamegan and added:
- savvi17 said: I wouldn’t call it a bandwagon. The problem was no one knew who he was before. People are just hearing about this for the first time, being disgusted, and supporting. Don’t hate on it, people are just trying to spread the word.
- always-helen likes this
- imlikethesea likes this
- carluhh reblogged this from confessionsofanarmywife and added:
- ceeeeeeeeline likes this
- bullymommy2012 likes this
- captivations reblogged this from jessicamegan
- littlebittyworld said: I really hope it doesn’t die out. It’s important. Even if they’re only hearing about it now, they’re hearing about it. But in the end, it probably will be just another fad. It’s pathetic and sad, really, but it’s the truth.
- jessicamegan reblogged this from confessionsofanarmywife and added:
- therunofthemill likes this
- gemtothejam likes this
- camoandiamonds likes this
- highofflove-drunkfromhate likes this